Household goods are all new or used items, for they daily use of a family, such as appliances, clothing, bath items, kitchen, dining room furniture, living room and bedroom, home appliances, computers, ornaments, paintings, china, books, household tools and other elements acquired before moving to Ecuador. There is not a restriction on the total value of house hold goods, but if Customs determine the inventory is not for the personal use of the immigrant, tax duties will be applied.
Work Equipment is the set of tools, instruments and / or professional equipment, new or used, for the exercise of productive work or trade, linked or not to the activity, profession, or occupation of the immigrant or his family. Can be consider as work equipment all, portable tools, or stationary tools, which are capable of being disassembled or removed, instruments, structures, machinery.
IN THE EVENT THAT THE WORK EQUIPMENT EXCCEEDs THIRTY THOUSAND DOLLARS USD $ 30,000, the immigrant must submit a draft BUSINESS INVESTMENT IN ECUADOR, AND THE RESPECTIVE WORK PERMISSION.
- New items and shipments in excess of a certain valuation are subject to duties
- Electrical appliances must not be shipped with original packing
- Limited quantities of alcoholic beverages and tobacco products may be allowed
- Only one of each item allowed, additional items subject to payment of duties
· Firearms and ammunition
· Drugs and narcotics
· Pornographic material
· Raw material (untreated wood, or food that is not properly packaged)
· Foodstuffs and live plants
Allowable quantities – As for clothing, footwear and accessories for personal use of the migrant and his family amounts must not exceed two hundred (200) kilograms for each of the members. These items have to make sense with the family members, sizes have to correspond with the family members.
Duty free Shipments for vehicles are only allowed for Ecuadorian citizens and must follow:
IF CAR: the engine must have a max of 3.000cc, and to be worth up to $ 20,000.00 when it was new, it takes into account the selling price when the model was released.
IF MOTORCYCLE: the engine must have a max of 650cc, and to be worth up to $ 8,000.00 when new, it takes into account the selling price when the model was released.
- Passport with proper Visa
- Statement that contents of shipment are for personal use and will not be sold for five years
- Inventory (in Spanish) must be notarized in Ecuador or legalized at the Ecuadorian embassy at the country of origin.
- Immigrant certificate valid for customs clearance obtained in Ecuador.
All documentation is included in our door to door fee.
How do I clear customs in Ecuador?
The Customs Agent physically and electronically should submit the Single Customs Declaration (SAD) through the computer system at the District of arrival of the goods, attaching the documents accompanying it. Once entered, will be reviewed by the officer assigned to the effect, and the next day will run practice physical inspection. I f the inventory matches the contents the officer will proceed with the respective liquidation and authorize the release of the goods.
Is important that all packages or bags that are used for packing are properly identified and number.
Ecuador Movers is an affiliate to Ecuador’s Customs Agent’s Chamber.
For a quote please e-mail us with your zip code and destination address email@example.com